Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chihuly

A few weeks ago Mr.K and I went to Boston for a quick getaway and while we were walking around I noticed signs all over Boston advertising an exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston.  Now I am not a normally a fan of museums... I am simply not interested in old paintings, sculptures of busts and statues.  However, I have a fascination with flowers and modern structures.  So this exhibit was quite interesting to me... glass flowers and other shapes displayed in various modern cool ways.  Mr.K and I went to find the Museum and no thanks to our handy iPhones we finally found it (thanks to the Duck Tour Operators).
The exhibition is called 'Chihuly - Through The Looking Glass' and within a few minutes of entering the museum we were meandering through a large crowd to get a glimpse and some pics of the glass artwork. 

Have you ever been to the Bellagio in Las Vegas?  The ceiling of the lobby is covered in glass flowers and it is beautiful! There is a small room in the exhibition with a ceiling full of glass plants and sea life.. it is like being under the sea and it reminded me of the Bellagio ceiling (Vegas was Mr.K and H0B0wife's first real vacation.. which was year's ago now).


I loved the use of black mirrors, chandelier style displays and pin spot lights... the pieces really came alive.  I keep trying to think how I can incorporate one piece of art like this into my apartment!

If you happen to live in Boston or are travelling there before August 7th, I recommend visiting the museum as this is a very interesting display.

No comments:

Post a Comment