Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ghost Chairs

Source
Before you ask this is not just a plastic chair!  This is a beautiful piece of furniture that I have wanted to own for years.  I think the simplicity and modern design would be a great addition to my living room or future (larger) bedroom.  Philippe Starck's Louis Ghost Chairs are not cheap and therefore my purchase will have to wait a bit but I can still dream right?!  There are plenty of knock off versions available... even Target has a knock off version.  While the knock offs may look great I am not a knock off person... if I want something I want the real version.  No fake handbags for H0B0wife. 

My first and only niece will be turning one quite soon and since she lives in London we have to buy all of her presents online.  I searched for days trying to think of something she might like (and go with my sister in laws very cool modern apartment).  I came across the Lou lou Ghost chair (child size) in lilac and knew this was the perfect gift.  Her room is painted purple so this would be perfect in her room or in the lounge (living room). 
Source
Armless ghost chairs can be spotted at Pinkberry and since I love Pinkberry frozen yogurt (plain with strawberries and almonds is my fav combo) this has just added to my desire to own one (if not two).
Source
When Mr.K and I were planning our wedding (our anniversary is coming up quite soon), I had wanted to rent Ghost Chairs for our wedding reception. Since our reception was at a Loft in Manhattan I thought they would be a perfect match but then I found out how much they were to rent and decided that I would rather use the money on other elements (like Flowers)!  However, whenever I see wedding pics involving ghost chairs I feel a smile come across my face.  So here are a few pics that I came across...


Source

  

No comments:

Post a Comment