Monday, February 21, 2011

What is a Macaron?

What is a Macaron? According to wikipedia "A macaron is a sweet confectionery made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food coloring." 

I am a Macaron fanatic!  I first discovered them years ago when I happened to stumble across Ladurée in Paris.  For those that have not heard of Ladurée they are famous for their Macarons. They are delicious, delicate, beautiful and perfect. 

While in Tokyo we stopped by Ladurée and picked up a small assortment.  They did not last long!


I have not personally tried to make a macaron but I have researched them a lot in the past few years.  Tartelette has a great tutorial on how to make them http://www.tarteletteblog.com/.  Some day I will be brave enough to try making them myself.  Until then I will continue to search for delicious macaron's in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment