Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pretzel Bites

One of my very good friends had a baby last December and I was involved with planning the baby shower... I knew I wanted to make the favors from day one so I set out to create unique treats that everyone would like.  I had plenty of candy melts leftover for another project so I set out to find something to make with them.  I came across this Baked Perfection blog post and after realizing I had all of the ingredients in my house I made a batch.  I cut the recipe by 1/3 as I did not want to make an entire bag of pretzel bites as this was just my test run.  I also decided to just stick with white candy melts as it was easier than three different colors.

I started out by lining up lots of window pane pretzels to form an assembly line...


Next I mixed up the filling mixture (note: even at a 1/3 of the recipe this made a lot of filling) and as you can see it was quite dry so I used a small measuring spoon to form half spheres of filling...

Next I assembled the pretzel bites and let them set in the fridge...
Finally I melted the candy melts and dipped each bite in.. while still wet I sprinkled little white sprinkles over some.  I let them harden and dry then re-melted the leftover candy melts and put them in a zip


Mr.K and I ate way too many of them that day so I took the rest to work and my colleagues loved them.  I knew they would be a hit for the baby shower a few months later.  Note: For the baby shower I used green and white candy melts mixed together to create a pastel green and used the same white sprinkles and piping trick.  Unfortunately I have no photos of the finished product but use your imagination.. they were very cute and went over extremally well.

No comments:

Post a Comment