Saturday, April 9, 2011

W Boston Hotel

Mr.K and I love to get away for mini-vacations so we recently took a trip to Boston.  We booked our hotel on a Thursday and drove up on Saturday for one night at the W Boston Hotel.  The hotel is centrally located near the Boston Common, Newbury Street and Beacon Hill.  We have not stayed at a lot of W Hotels but wanted something trendy and fun for the weekend and that is exactly what we got.   The room was small but was full of clean lines and subtle colors!  There were plenty of unique aspects of the room (including a screen print wall separating the bathroom and the bedroom). 


We had lunch at the hotels signature restaurant Market a Jean Georges restaurant.  This was our second Jean Georges restaurant (Mr.K took me to Nougatine in NYC for my birthday last year).  Market is my Weekly Fav Restaurant!


I ordered the B.A.L.T on Multi Grain Bread (Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce and Tomato) and a Fresh Ginger Ale Soda.  Mr.K ordered the MARKET Cheeseburger... both were served with french fries.  Mr.K said his burger was one of the best burgers ever had (this is a strong statement considering the number of burgers Mr.K has tried in his life).  We were stuffed but took a look at the dessert menu .. they had a warm chocolate cake (one of my favorite desserts).  I had to try it (when we went to Nougatine we did not order dessert as Mr.K had ordered a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cake for my birthday cake).  It was delicious.. the chocolate center oozed out and was simply one of the best warm chocolate cakes I have ever had.

We had a few issues during our stay at the hotel so we just found out that we are going to get a free night at the hotel in a WOW suite!  

1 comment:

  1. I love the W Hotel, but have not been to this location! The food looks amazing! It's nice to have the WOW suite to look forward to! Enjoy and thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete