Monday, April 11, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

The reasons I love Cherry Blossoms... First I love pink flowers (all of my wedding flowers were pink). Second I love the abundance of cherry blossoms in a single tree.  Third I love that they only last for a few days (you feel special when you get to see them in person).  A few years ago I told Mr.K that I always wanted to go to DC to see the Cherry Blossom Festival so we booked a hotel for a long weekend and drove to DC.  We had amazing weather, blue skies and crisp air (perfect for walking around staring at the white buildings and monuments and capturing pics of the cherry blossoms).


When it came time to plan our wedding I knew that I wanted cherry blossoms.  I decided that they would be perfect for our ceremony (additional drama to the brick wall in the Loft).  Even though I only got to see them for a few minutes they were perfect and I love the pics (All of the following pics were taken by Kella MacPhee).  I also used an image of cherry blossoms on our invitations for the Brunch after our wedding (they were romantic, modern, and symbolized love and spring).

1 comment: